How it starts
- An ovum (egg) freed from the mother’s ovary unites the father’s sperm in the fallopian tube, the place where fertilization takes place.
- Fertilized ovum, often called zygote, reaches the uterine cavity 5-7 days later, the place of implantation.
- Zygote is of a minute pinhead size that entirely is rooted in uterine cavity.
- Uterine cavity starts to be filled with amniotic fluid now.
Now is the time where you may feel a lot more changes (pleasant changes, of course) with a bit of uncomfortability – but no worry, very soon you will adapt to it & start respecting such genesis.
- All chief structures like heart, kidneys, brain, liver and spine go through development.
- Bones and muscles now start growing.
- Eyes, nose, ears and mouth are developed.
- The limb buds emerge, toe rays grow and the elbows develop.
- Now with the 8th week ending, embryo is finally identified as human.
On your way with your baby, now he/she will have some tremendous changes of unusual & unpleasant nature.
Acknowledging yourself with proper hands-on knowledge makes you aware of what is happening and how to cope up with it.
- You may wake up with unease feeling angry, agitated or rundown. Do not worry; it may subside within a short period. Relax and do not ever let this stress come over you. Furthermore, your skin may also go distended for a little time.
- The heart will have rapidly pumped up blood within, and following it, you may find some protruding veins on your breast, belly and legs.
- At this point, your baby begins with breathing movements.
- Baby now weighs around 20g and is nearly 9cm long.
- Foetus has now his eyes open& the nails, external ears and upper lips shaped.
- The intestines are produced out of baby, as its body is too little to accommodate it in.
- The external genitalia start separating.
- The breathing movements now begin.